This training masterclass provides a proven framework to help collaboration and communication
It is widely recognised one of the biggest barriers account-based marketing programmes face is a lack of sales and marketing alignment. Different KPIs, ways of working, as well as embedded conflicting systems, data and processes mean that it’s really hard to create the customer-centric approach vital to ABM success.
The cost to the business is high – according to IDC 10% or more revenue is lost due to poor sales and marketing alignment. Not surprising when according to CEB 87% of terms used by sales and marketing to describe each other are negative!
This course can only be taken as part of a 2-day conference package.
What you’ll learn on this full day account-based marketing training course:
- Are you ready? Learn how to assess your account-based marketing maturity, so you can create an actionable plan.
- Create your own sales and marketing lead dictionary so everyone is speaking the same language.
- Learn how to identify the right target accounts.
- Find out how to unlock the insights that only sales have and understand how to apply them in your marketing campaigns.
Practical examples and case studies will illustrate the problem in your ABM approach is perhaps not the one you thought it was! Lively debate and discussion throughout the day, providing not only great ideas but learning through shared experiences.
As well as helping you embed the right longer-term strategic framework for sales and marketing working together, there will be plenty of quick wins you can use right away that can make a difference this quarter!
What you’ll discover:
- Culture kills! Understand how your company culture can support or kill an ABM programme. Benchmark your business against the best and the worst and learn what best practice really means.
- The importance of internal marketing to stakeholders.
- Whose customer is it anyway? Selecting the right accounts for ABM, whether existing or new.
- What kind of content and resources are the sales team looking for? How do they use them? Is it what the customer needs, or wants?
- What technology do you have to support ABM? Is it fit for purpose and what are the data implications of ABM? Learn what kind of platforms can be utilised, and what are the implications for existing systems such as marketing automation.
- How to get feedback and refine your account-based marketing programme using sales insights.
Who should attend?
Ideal for mid-level marketers to senior managers/executives, this training is valuable for those who wish to gain a firm grounding in B2B sales and marketing alignment whether already using account-based marketing and have hit a few roadblocks, or about to start an ABM programme
Level: Basic to Intermediate
Who will be training me?
Shane Redding has over 30 years international B2B direct marketing experience. Shane provides strategic direct and digital marketing advice and practical training to both end users and DM suppliers, she also offers specialist training and insight on sales and marketing strategies. Her clients include Gumtree, ITV, Telefonica, the Institute of Directors and Royal Mail, specialising in data, databases and analysis.
Shane was awarded honorary fellowship of the Institute of Direct Marketing and is the past chair of the IDM’s B2B council. Shane has worked in both sales and marketing and has experienced the pain and gain in both!